[Slightly-OT] Wasn't Google supposed to be "avid Python-Users" ?

Mark Brady kalath at lycos.com
Thu Feb 7 06:21:52 EST 2002

aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote in message news:<a3sk2i$67m$1 at panix2.panix.com>...
> However, they don't AFAIK use Python for their core
> high-performance code, and it appears that this contest is slated for
> that role.
>
> What does surprise me is that they think Java can do better than Python.

As python lover trapped developing in Java I see this a lot. Sun's
marketing has convinced a lot middle/upper management that Java/J2EE
is the only viable option to C/C++ for large server side systems.
Actually the endorsement and support from IBM/Oracle/HP/etc. for Java
is what seems to have given Java the 'respectability' it currently
enjoys as a C/C++ alternative. On a personal note Java/J2EE while
keeping me employed is driving me insane. Thank god for Pygame
(www.pygame.org). Java feeds the body but Python feeds the soul!

Mark.