Apology

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Mon Feb 11 19:37:51 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Shannon" <jeff at ccvcorp.com>

> Timothy Rue wrote:
>
> > But then group voting is like a conspiracy huh?
>
> Only for nonstandard definitions of 'conspiracy'.
>
> Conspiracy implies secrecy, and imposing the will of the few upon the
many.
> Voting is nonsecret (even if individual votes are secret, the process is
not)
> and implies determining the will of the many (at the possible expense of
the
> will of the few).

Yes.  I apologized (to the list, not to Rue) because the suggestion is,
well, non-Pythonic.  Tacky.  And I was/am sorry.  Jeff has it right here,
though, that it was certainly no conspiracy; and it is the USENET way to
publicly handle such things.

> Then again, we shouldn't be surprised at you using nonstandard definitions
of
> words.

Indeed.  He uses a nonstandard definition of "language" and applies
"physics"
to programming.  He can't program, you know; ten years on this project and
nothing to show for it.  If I had tried to develop something like this for
ten years and had nothing to show for it but a website, I'd give up.