XP (was Re: Defending the Python lanuage... )

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Feb 11 09:51:02 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1013434699.26587.python-list at python.org>,
Chris Gonnerman <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote:

>I've lived through too many "paradigm shifts" already.  I remember
>the fiasco of TQM being applied to a scientific laboratory, where
>commitment to quality was already so high that the technicians were
>insulted.  Managers blindly applying buzzwords like Band-Aids makes
>me curse... whether it's TQM, or Java, or XP, *no* "new way" will
>work for everyone.
>
>It's just not a one-size-fits-all world.

Which reminds me to tell everyone who hasn't picked up a copy of the
25th anniversary edition of _The Mythical Man-Month_ to go out and get
it immediately.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"We should forget about small efficiencies, about 97% of the time.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil."  --Knuth