wxPython book

Bill Tate tatebll at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 07:41:44 EST 2002

writeson at earthlink.net (Doug Farrell) wrote in message news:<88bc63c6.0202040505.2a9c3016 at posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm busy evangilizing my office co-workers on the wonders of Python
> and wxPython, to which they are responding pretty well. We are
> currently working on a test project that uses both, and the most
> frequent complaint I get is "there's no book on wxPython..... wah wah
> wah". I have seen mention of a book being written, presumably by Robin
> Dunn. Is this true and if so, any idea when it might be coming out?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Doug,
While I would say it would be nice to have a book, suggest you check
out wxDesigner (it still has a way to go in terms of ALL the bells &
whistles but what's there already is pretty damn nice).  I like that I
can use one visual designer for the interface and build the skeleton
of the C++ and Python code from within the same IDE.  It made using
wxWindows/wxPython much more intuitive.  I must say, however, it
really is a bummer when you get those quick responses to questions
from the wxwindows/wxpython discussion list - I much prefer that
"timely and high quality" support you get from commercial vendors :>).
Bill