Apology

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 17:06:23 EST 2002

On 17-Feb-02 13:25:37 Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote:
>>                   under the GPL (and I reserve the right to
>>change that to a more secure license should there be ...

>No matter what changes one makes in a licensing scheme, no
>unilateral change in licensing can withdraw rights to current
>licensees (which in your case with the GPL represent the
>entire human race) unless that license has a specific clause
>allowing that. GPL'ing something is a one-way ticket for the
>entire licensed body of work up to that moment in time. For
>all those licensees -- all humans, I mean -- your change in
>licensing terms for that past body of work is irrelevant
>masturbation.

>Any future work you do of course, is up to you. Which is
>indeed begging a question! Given that you've outright
>admitted that you expect OTHER PEOPLE to do the coding, it
>really begs the question why you think YOU could fiddle
>with the licensing at all for something which could not be
>regarded by the sharp eyes of the law as YOURS. You CANNOT
>dictate the rights of a third party to their work. Its
>THEIRS, not yours.

>C//

in the flip flopping world of computers, you really are a Courageous
COWARD. Instead of dealing with real world problems, you find you have
to create problems that don't really exist. Such as the above example
of a problem you have fabricated out of absolutely nothing.

You are aware that the Python License was changed to be GPL compatable
after the fact of code?

Humorously stated to be a bug fix.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<