Guido's intuition (was Re: typetesting, adaptation, typeclasses, ...)

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 2 11:43:41 EST 2002

>Yes.  And nine times out of ten, if you think you disagree with Guido's
>intuition, you'll change your mind later.

This is more or less true, yup. Just consider the vast hordes of
programmers who, upon encountering Python, say "yuck! whitespace
sensitive language!" who, only after trying it for a while, see
the light. I was in that boat several years ago. It kept me from
learning Python for a while. But then. But thennnnnnn. I _tried_
it.

I _still_ don't like yield, however. :) :) :)

And yes, I've tried it. :)

C//