Pythonistas? <- Re: OT: Perl programmers?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Mon Feb 11 15:31:18 EST 2002

Jeff Hinrichs wrote:

> I took it as a unintended play on Sandanista, which is a group of  "freedom
> fighting" rebels in Nicaragua.

cf. also Zapatistas, Peronistas, etc... it's common for followers of a specific
leader to be referred to thusly, just as in English we have Marxists,
Leninists, Maoists, etc...  nothing specific about the "-ista" suffix having
anything to do with "freedom fighters"/"revolutionaries"/"terrorists" ...

(Though using Python *could* perhaps be equated to "freedom fighting" in other
ways...  ;) )

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International