CPython vs. Jython for Web applications?

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Mon Feb 4 14:51:04 EST 2002

John E. Barham wrote:

>   Are there real-world benchmarks comparing, say, Jython & Saxon vs.
> CPython & Pyana/Xalan?

I'm the author of Pyana and I did some Saxon vs. Xalan benchmarks about
2 months ago. Saxon was about 10% faster on average. I should also point
out that Xalan has only been tested on RH6.x and crashes when built on
RH 7.x (at least in my experience) so there are some gcc/libc issues
there.

The pure Python XSLT implementation from 4suite is supposed to become an
order of magnitude faster with the next release.

Cheers,
Brian