Autocoding evolves from........

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Feb 7 01:04:58 EST 2002

Timothy Rue wrote:

> On 06-Feb-02 12:48:10 Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:
> >The problem you're running into, is that you've failed to convince anyone
> >that *you* understand the real problems involved, enough to be able to solve them.
> >[...]
> Since you have taken it upon yourself to be the spokes person for
> programmers,

Actually, we elected him.  Everything he says goes for *all* of us here.
Keep that in mind as you read the following; Jeff has our complete
and unconditional confidence and support in this...

> I'll have to assume that all of you are so lost that you
> can't tell the difference between three deminsional reality and three
> deminsional data arrays in the two deminsional world of programming.

That's clearly true.  Our spokesman is the best of us, and yet even
he is clearly (so _you_ say... I'm too stupid to tell) out to lunch.

> Seems to me that your two deminsional mindset has trouble comprehending
> what three deminsional reality really is. With that in mind, it's not
> possible for me to convince you of anything beyond your own limited
> two deminsional perceptions.

I think you're absolutely right (although I'm too dumb to be sure, but
I'm going out on a limb).  If even Jeff is incapable of understanding
you, and believe me when we had The Vote we concluded he was the *only*
one with a hope of understanding even a glimmer of what you say,
then I guess it's really a lost cause for the rest of us.

Now my logic here may be weak, because I am *really* stupid, but
would it not be the case that if *all* of us in this newsgroup are
so pathetically, mind-numbingly obtuse that you cannot convince us
of anything beyond our own limited two-dimensional perceptions, then
you might as well leave?

Now?

For good?

Please?