RFC -- HYGIENIC MACROS IN PYTHON

Joshua Muskovitz joshm at taconic.net
Tue Feb 5 01:01:13 EST 2002

"Courageous" <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote in message
news:tppu5u48fsmsclucfr5e0qd1musgnqk4vl at 4ax.com...
> I've come up with this concept that I'm calling "lingos": the name
> was chosen to evoke the idea of defining one's own lingo as a subset
> of the language. I'm still very much in the concept definition stage.
[snip]
> So. That, at last, brings me to the point of this message. Ideas?
> Feedback? This has been an interesting experiment so far, I'm just
> wondering how many folks find this sort of thing interesting and if
> anyone has any input.

Looking at what you proposed, I'm not sure I understand what differentiates
your "lingo" from a common function.  A function seems to be everything
you've defined for lingo.  Is there some problem that using function calls
can't solve?
--
# Joshua Muskovitz
# joshm at taconic.net
def lyyrs(sig): return '-'.join(sig.split()+["ly y'rs"])
lyyrs('Hire me!  I need the work!')