Record Audio (Automation)

T H tth_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 15:24:48 EST 2002

I need a simple way to record audio with a scripting language in
Windows.  I
think this can be done by executing sndrec.exe or sndrec32.exe (the
sound recorder that comes with windows that can be executed by going
to Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder), however I
can't seem to be able to make it record.  I know you can use this
program to PLAY a WAV file by executing
sndrec32.exe /play /close filename.wav

However I was not able to make it record by executing
sndrec32.exe /record /close filename.wav

The command above I tried is just a guess, i have no idea if there is
a /record parameter.  Any idea where I can find a list of command line
parameters for sndrec32.exe?

If anyone knows any other way of automating the task of recording
audio using a scripting language (which executes a free audio
recording program), please let me know.  Any help is much appreciated.