Apology

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 10:22:06 EST 2002

On 16-Feb-02 01:09:10 Joshua Muskovitz <joshm at taconic.net> wrote:
>"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote
>> Ten years???? it was Feburary 1988 when I identified the nine commands.
>>
>> I never claimed to be a programmer and never wanted to make the VIC but
>> rather someone to use it. But I also don't, and never will want to be
>> abused by any programmer wanting to take credit and property rights to the
>> VIC.

>Well, after 14 years then (happy anniversary!) of ranting about it with
>NOBODY else even desiring to take credit for it, don't you think you should
>stop worrying?  You're only going to be abused by programmers who see it for
>what it is.  Irrelevent.

>All you've said, all this time, is that everything boils down to nine
>things.  Yippee.  My entire genetic makeup can be done in four.  Doesn't
>mean I find it useful to attempt to function purely on a cellular level.

You realy do have a comprehension problems huh?

Certainly everyone does understand in reading and responding to post here,
they actually make use of all nine action. It's physics, but they may
think it's me and that somehow their reactions will cause a dismissal
of.... well physics.

Lets see now:

AI - start and stop, change interfaces - Uh start up newsreader..

PK - keep track of where you are - Pick up where you left off on the thread..

OI - get input - read with eyes

IP - input from - internet and monitor

OP - output to - keyboard usenet postings

SF - one step at a time - damn this non-polyphony qwerty keyboard...

IQ - what's the meaning - whats a good non-target meaning I can attach to
                     confuse tim...

ID - identify posters - hey there is one by tim, now I know to be negative..

KE - constraints to apply to meanings and poster named tim rue - must be
        negative and anti-productive

>> The computer industry has alot of ethical problems in this area of taking
>> everything the can from the users, from their ideas, to their debugging
>> efforts (feedback), to their money in payment for what came from them, and
>> now rental....and always it is never quite right but lacking always... for
>> upgrading recycling of consumer entrapment abuse.
>>
>> That's what evidence ..... well what is, is what is. You know what you
>> are.

>As opposed to the ethical problems in say the energy futures industry, or
>savings and loans, or any of those other trifling scandals.  People of poor
>moral character exist in all aspects of society.  I fail to see any evidence
>they cluster around the programming profession.  Just because there are
>companies out there who aren't the nicest, doesn't mean that PROGRAMMERS as
>a group are to blame.

>You seem to have this amazingly huge and likely malignant chip on your
>shoulder about something, and I don't think it has anything to do with
>autocoding.  Perhaps we can help you.  Tell us more about the bad people who
>screwed you over so many years ago.  You'll feel better.  We'll feel better.
>Programmers learn better by example anyway.  Tell us what they did which
>made you so angry, and we'll promise to try not to do that.  We may even
>apologize.  Wouldn't that be nice?

In the 80/20 rule, or even the 90/10, most all other industries have
productive working value of 80% or better, and problems of 20% or much
less. only about 16% of the software industries projects get out on time
and within budget. The hardware industry of computers is better than that
but also highly incompatable.

>> There never will be enough programmers, but there is always exactly the
>> perfect number of user to do all the things a user needs to do for
>> themselves. Given the right freedom for the users, creating tools.

>That's right.  Let's all return to the world of hunter/gatherers, where
>nobody takes advantage of others, and we all struggle to survive.  If you
>despise the evil technology so much, why do you continue to use it?  That
>seems very contradictory.

Better yet to become master over the beast.

There is no contridiction, only your perception of what you want to see
vs. what is.

Perhaps you can provide a reasonable alternative for those who do not want
computers involved in any part of their life? No?!

Guess that only leaves becoming master over the beast then!!!!

you can start by growing up. Perhaps beyond your celluar level to realize
you can apply the nine actions at all levels.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<