just a moron trying to get python working on win98 and person al web server

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Tue Feb 12 09:54:18 EST 2002

"no problemo"

Just installed yesterday the Python2.2 installer and the win32all installer.
Right this moment, I made a tiny python program:

================================
<%@ Language=Python %>
<%
#
# Teoricamente, este es un ASP escrito en Python.
# Esperemos que funcione.
#

class Message:
  def __init__(self, message):
    self.message = message
  def __str__(self):
    return self.message

msg = Message("Hola, estoy escrito en Python.")

Response.write(str(msg))
%>
================================

and saved it into a "default.asp" file. So, I browsed
to "http://localhost/" and bingo, I got a little web
page with "Hola, estoy escrito en Python" on it.

The file MUST have the ".asp" extension for it to work
with the PWS server; second, the first line MUST have
"<%@ Language=Python %>" in it, to inform the ASP framework
the language it's written it.

>From there, you're flying.

Good luck.