OT: (ambi)dexterity of Pythonistas

Frederick H. Bartlett fbartlet at optonline.net
Tue Feb 5 15:51:26 EST 2002

Well, this is fun. Perhaps the source of Python's appeal ... snakes are
surely ambidextrous if they're any kind of dextrous at all.

While I am mostly right-handed, I often use the left-hand settings on
the mouse (so as to spread the load -- and annoy folks who try to borrow
my computer). I occasionally pick up a pen to write with my left hand
before I remember that I can't write with that hand.

When playing the piano, I can easily confuse the bass and treble between
the two hands.

And I play table tennis equally well on both wings; and have been known
to execute the odd left-handed shot in tennis.

Of course, I play neither the piano nor either type of tennis
particularly well!

Fred