Linux and Python scripts, help needed

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 17:19:27 EST 2002

Well, now i believe in magic ;-)))  I added a one liner to run my
scripts at 17:00, and it will worked. But I don't know why. I even left
out the full paths, and I added the import sys and mail to lines for
traceback messages, Chris, btu I got no mail, no errors, and yet it
worked. I just wish I knew why it worked and didn't before....

My new crontab line looks like this: (I still can't paste the whole
crontab file because I only have a two button mouse and K-Edit doesn't
copy and paste into Netscape messenger ;-)))

00 17 * * * python mygale.py get all && python urls.py && python
urldb.py && python mygale.py -n 200 display all && python
mygale-uploader.py

Which get all new links form the web and then selects the latest 200 to
make a new output.py and then uploads the new output.py to my site at
http://www.awaretek.com/plf.html

I'm glad it worked. I 'll try it again at 17:30 and see if it still
works ;-)))

But I am sorry it seems so mysterious.

Thanks for the help!

Since id dint get any mail despite putting your insert into the top pf
mygale.py

import sys
    sys.stdout = open("/home/ron/.error-log","a")
    sys.stderr = sys.stdout
    print "\n(job name) Starting..."

I wonder if my mail is broken or if it is record somewhere else???