Python vs. C/C++/Java: quantitative data ?

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Thu Feb 21 13:49:34 EST 2002

<usenet+no_spam (" Doug Bagley ") .2002-02-21-14d7 @ (the) bagley . (not
.com) org (spam whammy)> schreef in bericht
news:m3heoa93gs.fsf at ns.bagley.org...
> Magnus Lyckå <magnus at thinkware.se> writes:
> > There is a comparision at http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/
> > but it's really just a pointless play. Don't fall for this one.
>
> Harumph! The shootout isn't asking anyone to fall for anything. I hope
> I have enumerated the many deficiencies it has on the methodology
> page. I hope it's clear I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's
> eyes.
> http://www.bagley.org/~doug/contact.shtml

I think the shootout site is great. Of course in _using_ the information
great care and lots of common sense is needed.

It would be interesting to have some larger benchmark to compare language
behavior when scaled up in size.

Regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch