Linux Library install

william wwaldo4 at cox.net
Wed Feb 20 13:19:21 EST 2002

I am trying to install the imaging libraries with Python.  This is what i
have:

Redhat 7.2

Installed Python 2.2 from the rpm.  Default dir is /usr/lib/python2.2

I am trying to install the 1.1.2 imaging libraries.

1.  I downloaded the tar files. and untared them to
/usr/lib/python2.2/imaging-1.1.2
2.  I then do the ./confige and then make
3.  When I run a python program that a buddy made it states that i cannot
find ImageDraw, Image, ImageFont etc.  These were in the imaging libraries
that i just installed.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Also i do belive i still have python 1.5 and 2.1 installed.  could they be
causing a problem?

Thanks