Readline and unwanted filename completion

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Feb 5 05:22:19 EST 2002

Simon Budig <simon at ping-pong.budig> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> I just downloaded readline-2.2.tar.gz. The documention does not
> mention this variable but readline.h has:
>
> /* Non-zero means to suppress normal filename completion after the
>    user-specified completion function has been called. */
> extern int rl_attempted_completion_over;
>
> I guess, this counts as a "yes" - missing documentation is nothing
> unusual...   :-)

No.

> >> Unfortunately I don't have an account at sourceforge to submit this
> >> the proper way.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> It is way too much hazzle to maintain *another* account/password to
> be able to give three or four bugreports to one or two (admittedly
> important) projects.

Well, if you want to contribute to Python, a sf account is a must.

> Ok, you can also say that I am too lazy.   ;-)

That's what I did when I submitted it:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=513235&group_id=5470&atid=305470

:) you might want to type your email address into the "monitor" field.

Cheers,
M.

--
 Have you considered downgrading your arrogance to a reasonable level?
        -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp, to yet another C++-using troll