automaton package for python

Johannes Stiehler dysfate at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 07:34:10 EST 2002

Does anybody know about an elaborate package for automaton
construction? It should support DFA/NFA - Conversion,
automaton-reduction and converting to regular expressions.

So far I've only seen this kind of thing for Java
(http://www.brics.dk/~amoeller/automaton/) which is very impressive.

If at the moment there is no such library, would there be any interest
to develop one?

Features (besides the above mentioned) I long for are:

- reading an automaton-specification from an XML-File (with tags for
  the components: start-state, accept-states, transition table, set of
  states)

- outputting the automaton to graphviz dot

- generating a re-compliant regular expression from the automaton
  specification as a raw string

Regards,
Johannes Stiehler

Johannes Stiehler				 stiehler at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung 089/2178-2706
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität 			 Oettingenstr. 67
Systemverwaltung & Anwendungsbetreuung		 80538 München