ActiveX Questions

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 13:00:03 EST 2002

On 16 Feb 2002 08:57:15 -0800, rony.steelandt at bucodi.com (Rony) wrote:

>You are definitifly right, i get the same error with 2.1.2 and 1.5.2
>Actually i tested it with C++ , VB, Windev and it works.
>It only doesn't work with Python.

Something I found in Python using COM,
(after Mark pointed it out to me that is)
is that if you have "out" parameters other than
the retval you should use them in multiple assignment.
I wrote a wrapper for Delphi TIniFile that got a similar
error only in Python.  It turned out I was passing a
param to procedures with "out" parameters like:

myIniFile.ReadSection('section', sectionlist)

when I should have done:

sectionlist = myIniFile.ReadSection('section')

In VB or VC++ I would have to pass the 2 params
in the parens as expected.

IOW, since Python has multiple assignment and
VB and VC++ do not, any out param should be
assigned to rather than passed as a param.

Anyway the error was something to do with
a type error so I'm pretty sure you're getting
burnt by the same thing.

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx