Is making Python executables a reality?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Feb 13 19:25:34 EST 2002

"MDK" <mdk at mdk.com> writes:

> What percentage of people make exe files?  Do most people have end-users
> download the Python environment?
>
> What is everybody doing in this regard?

I definitely depend on being able to distribute some of our
applications as standard Windows installation programs without any
requirement for Python on the target system.

We use Gordan McMillan's installer (but others use py2exe) to package
the application and required files, and then use InnoSetup to build
the Windows installer.  Works great.

Perhaps if you posted some more specifics about what didn't work for
you with py2exe someone might be able to suggest a solution.

--
-- David