problems with pythoncom and VB-generated OLE/ActiveX DLL

Domenico grayshade at libero.it
Sun Feb 24 07:47:58 EST 2002

> Assuming self.CLSID is the CLSID of the *object*, not the *DLL*, this
> should work.

well it doesn't work the same :o\

> Have you run regsvr32.exe on the DLL?  Can you create the object from
> another VB program, or using WSH?

I can instantiate a Class1 object from another VB program, and it
works just like it should. (well it's the last win32all version on
python 2.2b1 on a winXP pro machine)

> The CLSID of the DLL will never work - it must be the object's CLSID.

Sure it is -- sorry I guess I should have checked this message once
more.

> I assume you have a good reason for using pythoncom.new() over
> win32com.client.Dispatch()?

no I haven't -- actually win32com.client.Dispatch() fails with the
same old error:

com_error: (-2147221164, 'Unregistered interface.', None, None)

Domenico