Rue the day...

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Feb 3 07:08:28 EST 2002

Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote:

[upon my question why they put the capslock key there]
>>Come on, that's *obvious*.  Look at your keyboard: if you took
>>away the Caps Lock key, there'd be a big empty space right there!
>>Where else would they have put it?  Sheesh...

> :)

> Some place where I wouldn't accidentally hit it and then spend
> the next few seconds wonder why vim is collapsing all my lines and
> otherwise having one giant freak fest?

> :)

By the way, to my great and enduring happiness I managed to turn it off
under XFree86. Even the light doesn't go on when I press it! I've actually
remapped it to be an extra control key, but perhaps escape would be better
for vi use. But I don't really dare getting used to it as I'd screw up
as soon as I'd switch to anyone else's keyboard..

Regards,

Martijn