Python calling Java

jimh jim at jim.jim
Mon Feb 18 16:00:55 EST 2002

> Fix your Jython installation?!  Seriously, what is the bottleneck here?
> Clearly not the execution of the code 'print "hi"'.  I presume you are
> talking about entirely server-side execution -- or not?
>
> Google points to JPE, might be worth a look.

Not sure how to "fix" my Jython installation - I just installed it per the
instructions, created the following file:

   #!/usr/bin/env jython
   print "hi"

and ran it.  Took 5-6 seconds on my 400mhz Linux box.

Yes, it would be entirely server-side.

But, thanks for the JPE pointer!   I did see that when I was searching for a
solution, but I only saw the part about it gives access to Python from Java
(which I didn't need).  I didn't realize it also provides access to Java
from Python.  I will definitetly check it out!

Jim