problem compiling PyWin32: no 'activdbg.h' for "Active Debugging.dsp"

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Feb 11 23:12:11 EST 2002

Howdy,

I am trying to build the PyWin32 extensions from source but am unable to
build the Active Debugging project (com/Active Debugging.dsp) because its
'stdafx.h' (com/win32comext/axdebug/src/stdafx.h) includes 'activdbg.h' which
is nowhere to be found.

My internet searches indicate that 'activdbg.h' is (was) part of MS's
"Internet Client SDK". This is still mentioned in some old articles on
microsoft.com relating to IE *4*, but the actual download is gone.

I have all pieces of the latest MS Platform SDK but this does not include
'activdbg.h' (as I would have expected).

Does anybody have any clue where I might find 'activdbg.h'? Or, perhaps,
'activdbg.h' has been rolled into some other header? Stdafx.h seems to be
expecting to get the 'SOURCE_TEXT_ATTR' symbol. No current header in any of
the PyWin32, Python core, MS Visual C++, or MS Platform SDK headers seem to
define this symbol (unless, of course, some pre-processor magic is going on).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM at ActiveState.com