SSL Server Sockets?

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Wed Feb 27 08:52:15 EST 2002

I got the same problem. Wish there were more precompiled binary packages of
M2Crypto. Why can't Python be shipped with SSL-support compiled into it?
Could M2Crypto be included in the distro? If it's dependant on OpenSSL
that's open source too, so why not join forces and create a real
security-focused programming-package?

The ability to compile from source is great, but when it has a lot of
dependencies it would be easier to include the package in the standard
distro so people don't have to hassle with it.

To make life alot easier for many of us, either :
a) get more packages into the standard distro
or
b) offer some precompiled and/or easy to install add-on package containing
the most widely used modules ( PIL, M2Crypto, BSDDB 3.x-wrappers,
StandaloneZODB, PyXML ).

Just my two cents.

Thomas Weholt

news:a5ijos$1565$1 at news.idiom.com...