OT: Common Courtesy

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Mon Feb 4 11:50:25 EST 2002

Go do a google search about something called "netiquette" and while you're at
it, do a cross search for "mailing list" and "usenet".

Here's a few links for the lazy or ignorant:

http://www.google.com/search?q=netiquette
http://www.google.com/search?q=netiquette+mailing+list
http://www.google.com/search?q=netiquette+usenet

Did you actually read it? They all say pretty much the same thing. Let me
summarize:

1) Don't feed the TROLLS.
http://www.google.com/search?q=netiquette+troll

2) Don't FLAME.
http://www.google.com/search?q=netiquette+flame

3) Do some other nice stuff to make everyone else's life a little easier.

Jonathan

PS: Don't bother replying to my message and telling everyone in the Python
community about it. If you think I made a good point, then you can tell me
personally.