strings and sort()

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Feb 21 17:25:06 EST 2002

Jason wrote:

> I still think that the convenience of having sort() return the list
> far outweighs the cost.  People would only get bit once, maybe twice,
> before they learned the behavior of sort.

Except that it's a very subtle bug, very difficult to spot that first time, and even if you've seen it
before it'd be easy to miss.  And you won't get bit by it every time, so it'll lull you with a false
sense of security.

> I like Python, but the biggest problem I have with the language right
> now is what low code density it has at times.

>cough<  Try comparing the code examples in, say the wxWindows documentation -- a page or more of code
in C++, which can be replaced with 3-5 lines of Python...

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International