Scripting C++ -- Boost.Python vs CORBA vs ???

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Tue Feb 26 19:44:05 EST 2002

"Craig Maloney" <cmaloney at physics.ucsb.edu> wrote in message
news:3C7BCCA5.604 at physics.ucsb.edu...

> Actually, after doing a little more digging, I found this:
>
> http://public.kitware.com/Cable/
> http://public.kitware.com/GCC_XML/
>
> Does anyone know anything about this project?

Another promising but incomplete entry, last time I looked (it still
couldn't represent the full C++ language in its XML). The mailing list
archives indicate that's still the case, though things may be changing:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/gccxml/2002-February/000029.html

> This is what I would have guessed would be the "right" way to go about
> things (having known nothing about the EDG front-end).  Presumably gcc
> gets the parsing right if it can compile ;)

Even the EDG parser has bugs. However, if your code compiles with GCC 3.0,
gccxml should be able to handle it (note that GCC is up to 3.0.3 and 3.1
will be released soon, so things have improved further since gccxml was
developed).

-Dave