Problems with telnetlib

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Feb 18 02:13:06 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:27:02 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:

>[Bengt Richter]
>> Otherwise maybe a standalong unified diff GUI viewer with buttons to see
>> old, new, or both?
>
>On Windows, that's called windiff.[...
I actually meant a viewer for the output of plain old "diff -u f1 f2"
to show it in alternative modes, so someone could accept diffs in unified
format and not feel inconvenienced ;-) Of course, grep plus less will get
you pretty close, if you're not fussy.

>...] That was the first app I ever used that
>made me suspect a GUI might actually be better for something than working in
>an Emacs process buffer.  Luckily, it was also the last <wink>.

Funny, I have windiff, but I ported plain old diff and made an NT console app
out if it, and I use the latter almost 100%.

Regards,
Bengt Richter