Curses & Colors

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 23:24:28 EST 2002

Ok, I've checked my FreeBSD installations :-)

Le 14/02/02 ? 16:50, Rafael Mentz Aquino écrivit:
> Hi, there...
>
> I'm creating some simple interfaces with curses with python under FreeBSD,
> but I'm having some problems to change colors. I tried to do something in
> /etc/termcap, but when I run curses.can_change_color(), I always obtain 0.
> My env term is cons25, but I don't know if python uses the same terminal.

TERM=cons25 definitely works on my machines - in xterm *and* system console.

But in order to make it work on the system console, I had to change the default
console settings. Try adding this to your /etc/rc.conf:

saver="daemon"
blanktime="60"
font8x8="iso-8x8"
font8x14="iso-8x14"
font8x16="iso-8x16"
scrnmap="NO"

As you can guess, the screensaver ist the most important part ;-)

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: -1.0 °C      Wind: 4.8 m/s