XML-RPC over HTTPS/SSL

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Wed Feb 20 04:58:28 EST 2002

I got a xmlrpc-server running using M2Crypto, making it encrypted with SSL.
I cannot get any xmlrpc-client to connect though, no matter what.

Looked at resources found searching google, for instance
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-May/089457.html. but with no luck.
Does anybody have any code showing how to connect a client to a
xml-rpc-server using SSL/HTTPS , preferrably with user authentication also?
( to make it perfect, it would accept gzip-encoding to speed up transfers
:-) )

I'm using xmlrpclib from pythonware.com.

I keep seeing stuff about SSL/HTTPS-support in standard python, but ... ??
Do you compile the interpreter with OpenSSL etc ?? My clients and servers
will most probably run 60% on Linux and 40% windows, and re-compilation
isn't always feasable for windows-users.

Any clues or hints appreciated

Best regards,
Thomas Weholt