Why Python is like BASIC (and why this is a good thing)

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at dust.mems-exchange.org
Wed Feb 20 16:22:26 EST 2002

In article <de3fc1ef.0202201233.2228e5b1 at posting.google.com>,
   William Tanksley Google wrote:
> My friend was griping about one battery that Basic comes with but
> Python doesn't (at least not that I've seen): graphics.  Yes, I know

turtle.py is cute, and requires Tkinter:

>>> import turtle
>>> t = turtle.Pen()
>>> t.down()
>>> t.forward(10)
>>> t.right(45)
>>> t.forward(35)
>>> for i in range(4):
...    t.forward(50) ; t.right(90)

When you say you'd like pixel graphics, what do you mean?  Just
setting elements of a 2D pixel array to various colours?  Maybe
something for that could be built on top of Tkinter, too.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
Ace, I'm getting too old for this sort of thing. He's all yours from
now on... I'm going home to Doris.
    -- The Brigadier, in "Battlefield"