photo id ?!?!

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Feb 13 04:11:57 EST 2002

David Ascher:
>As I mentioned to Andrew in private email, we'll make sure to address
>his concern at future Python conferences (I can't recall if OSCON has a
>similar requirement).

I was at the O'Reilly Bioinformatics conference the week before the
Python conference.  I can say for certain that I didn't need to present
ID, but I didn't go through the main registration because I was a speaker.
I had emailed in my photo for their web site and exchanged emails with
a couple of the conference organizers.  During registration we talked
about those emails, which gave us another way to verify identity much
more than a piece of plastic or paper could.  I was also at the
biohackathon beforehand (where I knew almost everyone), which provided
yet another way to verify identity.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com