Autocoding - the resistance to expect from psuedo programmers

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 5 23:54:40 EST 2002

On 04-Feb-02 08:26:21 ameoba <ahmebah at hotmail.com> wrote:
>"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote in
>news:922.799T2387T11875593threeseas at earthlink.net:

>> Its damn clear that there is a need to remove the sort of people posing
>> to be professional who are in essence just good liars, abstraction
>> manipulators, from the industry.

>WTF are you talking about?  The only thing that I've managed to come up
>with about your project is that it -heavily- abstracts the process of
>computing to the point where joe-6pack should be able to make a computro do
>anything.

>If you feel there is something wrong with being an 'abstraction
>manipulator' perhaps you shouldn't be talking to computer programmers.
>Computing is nothing but the building and manipulation of abstractions.  If
>it weren't for abstractions, then we'd still be swapping vaccuum tubes to
>program a computer.

>Don't even get me started on the hipocrasy of -you- using 'abstraction
>manipulator' as an insult.

When you bit flip an ameoba, does it look the same?

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<