Readline and unwanted filename completion

Simon Budig simon at ping-pong.budig
Tue Feb 5 10:53:46 EST 2002

In article <uheowosxs.fsf at python.net>, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Simon Budig <simon at ping-pong.budig> writes:
>> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> > Simon Budig <simon at ping-pong.budig> writes:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Well, anyone can see roughly what it does.  If it gets accepted (or
>> > more likely, noone complains for a couple of weeks), I'll check it in
>> > from your patch.
>>
>> Great! If you do this, please make sure, that a similiar patch goes
>> into python 2.2.
>
> Well, it can't go into 2.2.  If you mean 2.2.1, that's a little
> greyer; there might be people out there who rely on the current
> behaviour.

Hmm. Maybe it is possible to export this variable as an optional
parameter to readline.set_completer with the default on the
current behaviour? I think it is really annoying, that readline
in the current python-module implementation insists on completing
filenames when the completer returns no matches.

Bye,
	Simon
--
      Simon.Budig at unix-ag.org       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/