CPython vs. Jython for Web applications?

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Tue Feb 5 02:16:27 EST 2002

> I'm considering writing a fairly sizable Web app in Python and would

Did you consider webware.sourceforge.net as a framework?

> motivation for considering Jython is "native" access to Java's more
> mature XML libraries for XSLT (e.g., Saxon) and SVG (e.g., Apache's

I use 4XSLT. It is not that fast but I experienced no stability problems (my
XML projects are pretty small, though). And as Brian pointed out it should
become faster in the next release.

Cheers
Franz

news:c775c8db.0202041126.5177e606 at posting.google.com...