Windows, RS232, and Python

Mat Martineau mmartine at tc.fluke.com
Fri Feb 1 13:25:28 EST 2002

Using the serial port in Windows isn't well documented - I only found
out how to do it by finding an old comp.lang.python posting.  A little
later on, USPP came along:

http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html

It's intended as a cross-platform serial library, but you can just
look at the Windows code to see how to use win32file for serial port
access.

It sounds like you're hoping to implement something bigger, but
hopefully this information will at least help you out with the serial
port part of your project.

Mat