[repost] win32 debugging-- python21_d.dll not found (fwd)

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Mon Feb 4 07:36:47 EST 2002

Le 02/02/02 à 21:49, John J. Lee écrivit:
> [problem with mingw compiled Python extensions in debugging mode]

If all you want to do is debug a Python extension compiled with mingw32,
the following HOWTO from me might help you (watch out: *one* line):

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=python+howto+debugging+open+source&hl=en&selm=849vl9.6b1.ln%40gargamel.hqd-internal&rnum=1

Related to that, I've put a patch on Sourceforge to get rid of the
necessity of renaming the "_d" extension away when using mingw. The
statements from Tim Peters et al. about "_d" are also interesting. The
URL is (*one* line):

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=462754&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Sorry if neither resources help you.

Btw. I'm currently porting Python to a 100% pure mingw build process
using MSYS. I've already a running python.exe :-) The rest is getting
rather tricky, though :-/

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 10.9 °C      Wind: 1.4 m/s