Record Audio (Automation)

Michael Robin me at mikerobin.com
Fri Feb 22 00:20:58 EST 2002

"DanS" <danscott at chocolatefudge.com> wrote in message news:<a53nl0$6ld at news.or.intel.com>...
> The best thing here would be to write your own Visual Basic app and use the
> MS Multi Media control...
>
> Write your program to take command line input.. and well, thats about it..

This shouldn't be necessary as you should be able to use the
OLE automation interface to the MCI control from Python directly.
However, the MCI control has lots of baggage you don't need.
The mciSendString() API was specifically designed to do
multimedia from scripting languages. (Originally Macromind Director's
MMP files.) If mciSendString isn't already wrapped, you should be able
to use CallDLL.

example strings:
   "play foo.wav from start to 1434"
   "open baz.wav alias s"