Networking Problems

Simon Crosby simc at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 12 04:33:48 EST 2002

Hi

I have recently tried programming a text network game using sockets in
python as detailed in "Programming Python" 2nd ed. I developed this on
linux and used telnet as a client. Then I tried connecting to the game
server with windows telnet. This showed the text very differently,
ignoring newlines and when prompting for input takes any character as a
newline. It does not matter if the server is run on linux or windows.
Attached is my networking code.

eg :

                                                             |                Are
 na Dungeon                      |