Deep override

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Mon Feb 11 14:47:05 EST 2002

I've never used it, but I can give it a try:

> I have a module I'm writing for work that has a class that inherits
> from websucker.Sucker  I'm trying to override websuckers' inheritance
> of webchecker.Checker.checkforhtml so it will just return 1(I want it
> to download some files, not html).
> I've tried different ways to name in and even tried to def it (Python
> didn't like all those dotted names in a def).  Does anyone know how to
> get this to work?
> Thanks in advance for any insights.

In your own program:
====================

import webchecker

def AlwaysOne(*args,*kw): return 1

webchecker.Checker.checkforhtml = AlwaysOne

class SomethingElse(webchecker.Checker):
	...etc etc...

The important thing I'd think is to redefine
"checkforhtml" before Checked get's referenced
by your own class.

Dunno.

What does everyone else think?

Alas, I don't have my Python on this silly
employer's development machine.

Good luck!

-gustavo