FixedPoint

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Feb 7 13:02:55 EST 2002

> From: Laura Creighton [mailto:lac at strakt.com]:
> I would tell the PyPgSql folks to please change the test so that their
> code will work when passed an argument which redefines the __cmp__
> function.  Its just something they need to learn -- which Andrew Dalke
> taught me hmm, 2 weeks ago now.

Of course, consider the code below, which shows (in a perhaps overly
simplistic way) that I may not realize I'm comparing to None.  Should I
handle that?  I don't know what the Pythonic way says--maybe it says I
should just let the error propagate in this case and trap it.  I lean
towards thinking I oughta make my __eq__ and the like smarter.

// mark

#! /usr/bin/env python

class foo:

    def __init__(self, value):