what I would like to see in python to make a better "glue" language (Newbie)

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Tue Feb 26 16:44:33 EST 2002

On 26 Feb 2002 13:25:15 -0800, anthony_barker at hotmail.com (Anthony_Barker)
wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<899f842.0202261325.6ff3dd54 at posting.google.com>:

> Important:
> 2. DNS really should be included in the base library, I emailed
> Anthony Baxter and he replied, saying it was almost done. It is a
> hassle to parse the dig (nslookup) output as I ended up doing, as it
> is not portable.

I have recently had to do the same thing (parsing an nslookup command) in
order to write a script. I would REALLY appreciate a DNS module as part of
the standard library. The socket library just didn't quite do everything I
needed.

I'm curious about the reference to Anthony Baxter and a possible DNS module
for including in the standard library. More info? Comments?

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

"When introducing your puppy to an adult cat,
restrain the puppy, not the cat." -- Gwen Bailey,
_The Perfect Puppy: How to Raise a Well-behaved Dog_