CSV revisited

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Feb 6 09:34:50 EST 2002

"Magnus Lie Hetland" <mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no> wrote in message
news:slrna62f14.pef.mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no...
> A little while ago I started a thread about adding CSV support to the
> standard library. There was (as expected) some controversy about this,
> but I think the idea had enough support that it might be turned into a
> formal proposal... However, I'm not sure wheter this is the sort of
> thing that should be formalised as a PEP... Any opinions in the
> matter? (Not pro/con the proposal itself... ;)

It seems to me that if a module is written that is used and properly
tested to read the varied CSV formats in use, that it could then be
submitted for inclusion in the standard library.  This shouldn't require
a PEP I think.

Of course, from personal experience and after the last thread, it also
seems to me that CVS is as much a standard as RS232 was.  ;-)

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

---------