Highlights & Cursors

Lawrence Oluyede rhymes at myself.com
Fri Feb 15 14:51:16 EST 2002

On 14 Feb 2002 15:51:27 -0800, jmsun at bioeng.ucsd.edu (Jeffrey) wrote:

> In terms of cursors, that's a different story.  Note that this is
>off the top of
>my head.  But I'll assume that you are tyring to change the cursor?
>For the same widget, what you do is (this is off the top of my head)
>some_widget.bind("Any-Enter", change_cursor_enter ) where
>change_cursor is a function that changes the cursor to some other
>special cursor.  Then you have to bind the other way around too like
>some_widget.bind("Any-Leave", change_cursor_leave )....

My question is: how can i change the cursor in a frame or some others
widgets?

In the doc "an-introduction-to-tkinter" downloaded from pythonware.com
there is a chapter explaining the widget styling (ch. 6).
The last paragraph is about the cursor styles

Here is the paragraph:

"
The cursor option control which mouse cursor to use when the mouse is
moved over the
widget. If this option isn't set, the widget uses the same mouse
pointer as its parent.
Note that some widgets, including the Text and Entry widgets, set this
option by default.

"

how could i change this option?

--