high precision mathematics

Carl Banks idot at vt.edu
Thu Feb 21 12:00:03 EST 2002

Karl M. Syring wrote:
> But you really should to it. I have floating point code that was running for
> a long time without a hitch and then the horrible happened. The ugly thing
> is, the code often will not crash but produce wrong results that seem to be
> plausible. If you don't have any results to check the output, the worst
> nightmares might come true.

I'm sorry I answered this troll.

I he weren't a troll, I might ask him to try updating his rational
number 100 times per second with a differential equation and see what
happens to the denominator.  But he is a troll, so it wouldn't matter.

--
CARL BANKS                                http://www.aerojockey.com
"Nullum mihi placet tamquam provocatio magna.  Hoc ex eis non est."