Developing a GUI program like BOIDS

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Tue Feb 12 16:53:01 EST 2002

Depending on the number of simultaneous boids you want to support, you might
need to use NumPy and do array calculations to speed up the math.

Anyway, I almost wrote a boids script using the Turtle graphics code in
PythonCard http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

You can have as many turtle objects as you want and move them relative to
the current turtle position with forward, back, left, right and there are
distance and heading methods to simplify your calculations towards the other
boids. Of course, you can also just do all the calculations with cartesian
coordinates if you want. There are many sample turtle scripts included with
PythonCard.

Do some google searches for boids, flocking, etc. for algorithms and example
code.

ka

news:3C6968A4.1CA9C62E at boeing.com...