ICU wrapper for Python?

Fredrik Juhlin laz at strakt.com
Mon Feb 4 04:54:32 EST 2002

Hello,

I was fiddling around with a Python wrapper for the ICU libraries this
weekend, when it occured to me to check if anyone else is/has been working
on the same thing. I looked around a bit on the net but couldn't find
anything, so I figured I'd drop a question here too :)

I started working on it to see if it was a feasible way to get collation
to work with Unicode. It seems to work OK, although it's a bit rough
around the edges (to be mild :)

If you don't know what ICU is (and care to find out), check out:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/

//FJ