running system command in cgi problem

Felix Seeger seeger at sitewaerts.de
Fri Feb 22 06:33:51 EST 2002

Hi

I've writen a small cgi/python script that starts a command on the server.
This command may take about 30 minutes to finish. So my browser becomes a
timeout.

Is there any way to run the command, and while it works send the browser
every 30 secs a please wait string + refresh.

If the command is finnished send the browser the output from command.

P.S. I'm new in programming and I think threads are too hard for me.
P.P.S Are there any small programs which do this, so I can look at the
source and see how it works.

thanks
have fun
HAL